Thursday, January 15, 2009



Well, it's been a while...again. Christmas came and went, as did New Year, Three Kings and the winter sales, in fact the whole festive circus passed without a blog mention. I know, I know, a prize winning blogger I am not. It seems this is as good as it gets, so I'll get on with it.

Christmas day was a bit odd. We usually go out of our way to do something untraditional but decided this last year to stay home and do whatever it is that people do. (Eat turkey and argue I'm told.) So, after breakfast we decided to exchange gifts. I was sure I'd bought the perfect gift and was looking forward to seeing P's face when he opened it. Paper started to fly as we both tore into our presents. Like a couple of excited kids we got the paper off, turned the boxes over and saw we'd bought each other the same thing, a digital photo frame. It's never happened before in all the years we've been together and it was so strange. Now, we all like to think we'd be generous in spirit at times like this, grateful and mature. Forget it. We both flipped the boxes over and started reading the blurb on the back to see which one was the best. Boys and their toys eh!

Later we each wanted to play with our new toys, as you do, and work out their little intricacies. That was when we realised the next hitch, we both have the same photos in our respective archives. So we fiddled for a while, adjusting settings, uploading pics until we were satisfied they worked. Then we read the instructions. Then we were ready to put the frames where we wanted them. Believe me, when you live in an open-plan house it's really easy to achieve digital photo frame overkill. Even though we put one in the kitchen and one in the living room you could still see them both. Every time the image changed we found we involuntarily glanced over. After a couple of hours of eyes flicking constantly from one to the other and seeing the same photos we pulled the plugs.

The best photo of Christmas has to be Trevor (above) who got inside some wrapping paper and stayed there for several days. Very wise.

2 comments:

Gazpachomonk said...

Ive always been tempted by new technology and the photo frame moda has been a difficult one to resist until I read your post. Thanks pioneering the device for the rest of us.

Unknown said...

Hahahaha! I'm squawking over this one, Dear Andaloo! I read this one to my mister man and he was howling too! Priceless! Absolutely priceless! But I must say, I'm startled at how gorgeous Trev is and just how well that photograph turned out. Well done!